Using MassiveHand Campaign Works™’s Stages feature can help marketers identify how contacts are moving through the lifecycle or funnel. MassiveHand Campaign Works™ uses stages for segmentation and campaign conditions. There are also specific dashboard widgets for seeing the movement of stages and the number of contacts in each stage.
Navigate to the Stages section in the left side menu, and then click +New.
- Name: While most companies have similar stage structures, each company uses them differently. Come up with the stages you want to track different parts of your marketing funnel with.
- Description: Acquia recommends adding a description to make it easy for you and other users to identify what qualifies a contact for that stage.
- Weight: Used to decide the progression of your stages. The greater the stage weight number, the further along in the funnel a contact is. Contacts can’t move backwards to stages with lower weights.
- Category: You can have multiple funnels with different stages, and multiple stages across those funnels or categories with the same weight. A contact can only ever be in one stage at a time, and can’t move backwards in stages. For more information, see Global Categories.
- Publish options: If a stage is unpublished, data for the stage won’t display on the dashboard widget. The stage won’t display for segment filters or campaign conditions. If you don’t want to use the stage while you’re building it, set a future publish date and time. If you want the stage to no longer be available after a certain time, set an unpublish at date/time.
Moving contacts between stages
Moving contacts between stages requires a campaign action. Depending on how you define your contact lifecycle and stages, there may be different triggers for a contact to move between stages. Examples include behaviors within a campaign, or moving between segments which have criteria set up for each stage. In any campaign where you’d like to have contacts move between new stages:
- Add a new Action.
- Select Change contact’s stage as the action type.
- Select the stage you’d like to move the contacts to. You can base this on a prior event, or on a segment that contacts are in based on filters matching your requirements for a stage.
For more information on setting up campaigns, see Adding events.
Visualizing stage movement
The MassiveHand Campaign Works™ dashboard features two widgets to help users see how contacts are moving between stages.
Stages in time
The stages in time widget shows how often contacts change stages. More change indicates more velocity through your funnel.
The lifecycle widget enables marketers to see the number of contacts within a specified segment are in each stage. You may include multiple segments on the widget. It’s possible to have more than one lifecycle widget to break down the information into separate graphs, but still display the data on the dashboard for multiple segments.