MassiveHand Campaign Works™ uses categories as an organizational mechanism, to help you to group various resource types to marketing strategies, topics, departments, or other classifications.
Additionally, you can leverage categories on the Preference Center pages to opt in or out of specific communication types.
Creating and assigning categories
In MassiveHand Campaign Works™, you can create two types of categories:
- Global category: This category is more commonly used and helps to keep the category list a bit cleaner.
- Resource-specific category: One referring to an asset, campaign, etc.
To create a new category:
- Log in to MassiveHand Campaign Works™, go to Settings > Categories, and click New.
- In Type, select Global to make the category global and hence, items of any type could be assigned to the category. Alternatively, select a specific type. If you select a specific type, only items of that resource can be assigned to the category.The available resource types are: Asset, Campaign, Email, Focus Items, Form, Page, Point, Social Monitoring, Stage, and messages.
- In Title, specify a name for the category. This name is visible to your contacts, if you use categories as an option on your Preference Center page for contacts to opt in or out of receiving messages from specific categories.
- Examples for B2B categories are Product Updates, Webinars, Events, or eBooks.
- Examples for B2C categories are New Product Releases, Store Openings/ Information, or Loyalty/Rewards Program.
- For customers marketing for multiple brands out of a single instance, creating a category for each brand may make sense.
- In Description, add some information to help other MassiveHand Campaign Works™ users understand the goal of the category so that they can properly assign or not assign their content to the category.
- In Alias, specify the machine name for the category, which can be used with data passed through API. If this field is left blank, MassiveHand Campaign Works™ automatically generates an alias.
- In Color, use the color picker or enter a hex code. You don’t need to specify the pound sign as MassiveHand Campaign Works™ automatically recognizes the hex code for the color.
- To make the category available for use, set the Published toggle bar to Yes. Alternatively, to prevent users from seeing or associating items to a category, set to No. Unpublished categories don’t appear on a category list in the preference center.
- Click Save & Close.
On the edit page for each item in the resource types, such as asset, campaign, etc, there is a Category field. To assign the item to an existing category, select the category or select Create new category to create a new category. Categories created this way apply to only the resource type you’re creating the category from.